You're going to live with a tattoo for a long time. Yes, you can usually get it covered over with a bigger, darker design, (if that's what you really want). Yes, you can have it removed by laser, (which is expensive, doesn't always work well and often leaves a scar). But it would be easier to take your time and choose a design with care.
What Not to Ask:
- What's your cheapest tattoo?
- Can you tattoo me quickly because I've got to go to work/the pub/on holiday?
What To Ask:
- May I see your Licence? (Mine is displayed on my studio wall).
- How long have you been here? (My studio opened in 1993, but I've been tattooing since I was aged eleven).
- Can you tell me about your hygiene policy? (My autoclave and equipment are in full view, but if in any doubt just ask me about any aspect of this).
- What's your after-care policy? (If you've any problems or concerns about your new tattoo by me, come back and see me ASAP).